AnsweredAssumed Answered

Thread-safe libraries in CCES

Question asked by slarson on Oct 22, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 23, 2016 by ksam

Hello,

I'm trying to get our RTOS to work in CCES.

In VDSP, we used EE-303 (Using VisualDSP++ Thread-Safe Libraries with a Third-Party RTOS) to guide our efforts.

It looks like uCOS-III is the RTOS of choice in CCES. Searching "help" in CCES, this is the most relevant result:

Using the Thread-Safe Libraries

Select the thread-safe libraries by specifying the threads switch during compilation and linking. In the project Properties dialog box, this can be done by enabling the Link against thread-safe libraries option.

The effect of the threads switch is to define the macro _ADI_THREADS. In the library headers, this macro selects some code that is specific to the thread-safe run-time libraries. Therefore, take care not to mix objects and libraries that have been compiled with and without the threads switch. In the default Linker Description Files, the _ADI_THREADS macro selects the thread-safe variants of the run-time libraries.

The run-time library can be used in both single and multi-threaded environments. The thread-safe run-time libraries and other Analog Devices software use Analog Devices’ own OS Abstraction Layer (OSAL). Each supported RTOS package includes its own implementation of the OSAL library which allows customers to use the run-time library seamlessly.

Where can I find more info about this OSAL? I've been unable to find any documentation about it.

Or, more importantly, where can I find info on how to use thread-safe libraries with our 3rd party RTOS?

Thanks,

Scott

Outcomes