AnsweredAssumed Answered

Commercial Data Acquisition Solution using AD719X Family

Question asked by olso4539 on Oct 16, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2013 by ChrisD.Rama

Can anyone tell me of any commercial data acquisition products using the AD719X family?  I am continually impressed with the performance of these ICs.

I developed my own transducer data acquisition system using the AD7193 that beats the pants off of any National Instruments solution I can find in terms of accuracy, repeatability and noise levels (the credit is due entirely to the AD7193).  In fact, most commercial vendors don't come anywhere close to the accuracy, non-linear and noise levels achieved by these chips.  The HP Agilent 34970A is comparable in these regards, but is slow, non-synchronous and only has one measurement circuit multiplexed across up to 20 channels.

My company is rightfully skeptical of the claims I make about the performance of the dirt cheap system i designed on my own time, being that I'm a fresh college grad with an aerospace degree instead of electrical engineering.  I'm hoping that someone else has spent the appropriate development time to produce a product with credibility using this family of ADCs.

I would really appreciate if anyone can point me in the direction of a vendor.

-Jon

Outcomes