AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADV7850 Simultaneous mode

Question asked by Anthony on Oct 8, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 24, 2013 by raymondcarter

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use the ADV7850's ADC simultaneous mode. I would like to extract the HDMI audio and embed to digitized VGA signal. I set the IO map 0x01 register to 0x80 to enable ADC HDMI simultaneous mode, and the background measurement is enabled for the HDMI port.

It seems to me the HDMI section locks to incoming video signal, but the extracted Audio Info, AVI frames, N and CTS values are not correct, and there is no audio at all.

I have checked all of the corresponding registers that are connected to the incoming HDMI stream. Every register listed below are correct.

Everything looks fine. I even see the incoming audio signal is L_PCM or IEC61397 compressed audio.

HDMI Map:

• TMDS_PLL_LOKCED
  • AUDIO_PLL_LOCKED
  • HDMI_MODE
  • AUDIO_SAMPLE_PCKT_DET

IO Map:

• HDMI_MODE_RAW
  • TMDS_PLL_LCK_A_RAW
  • TMDS_CLK_A_RAW
  • V_LOCKED_RAW
  • DE_REGEN_LCK_RAW

The only thing that is not correct the extracted audio info, AVI frame, N and CTS value.

Another strange behavior if I disable the background measurement for HDMI port A, the above mentioned registers become unresponsive for the incoming HDMI video signal. For example if I change the incoming video signal form HDMI to DVI the register still indicates HDMI signal.

I checked every available documentation but I did not find any solution for this problem.

I would be grateful for any advice or solution in this problem.

Best regards,

Antal Banovics.

Outcomes