AnsweredAssumed Answered

Software breakpoints in "shared memory"

Question asked by MikeSmithCanada on May 29, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2010 by CraigG

Having some problems moving some working code from a BF533 to one of the cores of a 561.

I understand the following error message

Warning!  A Software breakpoint is being placed at address 0x0080FE5C.          This could either be an explicit breakpoint or a 'hidden' breakpoint  used for operations such as standard  I/O.   Software breakpoints  placed  in  shared memory  are  NOT  recommended  as they may cause unexpected  results  when  using multi-processor debug features. It may be helpful to use a hardware breakpoint for this operation rather than a software breakpoint.  This message may be turned off in the Target Options dialog box.

However the breakpoint is one than VDSP set associated with "__unknown_exception_occurred" (there is another one for __lib_term or what ever it is caused -- I think there may be yet another associated with printing"

Rather than just turn off the message with the target options box, I would like to fix the problem by moving those code sections "off of external memory" -- Do you have some detailed steps on how I could do that -- I presume somehow by the expert linker, but I have not yet managed to identify what object block to move and how to move it

Thanks

Outcomes