AnsweredAssumed Answered

Object constructors work in internal memory but not external

Question asked by MikeSmithCanada on May 31, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2010 by CraigG

I have some objects which have an object constructor that adds one of the object's methods to a list that is then accessed later.

My interpretation of the issue -- meaning how the system behaves

If I place the object in internal memory then, before main, the object constructor runs and the method is added to the list. I put the object into internal 561 memory by directly adding the object code  to the core project where the doj has a function is called by main to force the object .doj to be loaded into memory

If I place the object in external memory then, before main, a default constructor is activated and the method is NOT added to the list. Now the object is part of a doj that has been placed in a seperate library. To force the doj containing the object to reside in memory, the doj contains a (non-object) function that is called by main

I can see the objects methods in internal / external memory after load -- I open the file and switch to mixed mode of display -- as mentioned before I call a  function inside the object .doj from main to force the loading of the object doj into memory

Anybody any suggestions on whether this is probably  "me doing bad coding" or a linker issue.

My next step is to try to do a pragma section on the constructor and force it into internal memory

Thanks

Message was edited by: Michael Smith

Outcomes