AnsweredAssumed Answered

Viewing heap usage in Expert Linker

Question asked by Iks on May 24, 2010
Latest reply on May 25, 2010 by DavidS

Hello.

I'm trying to view heap usage in my SHARC application with Expert Linker. I check "show heap/stack usage" checkbox in "Global Properites". Then I run and halt my application and come back to Expert Linker. There appears a dialog box saying that my *.dxe file has changed and offering to reload it. If I choose "no" nothing will change and seg_heap section will remain "unused". If I choose "yes" Expert Linker will show some reasonable heap usage with blue color. But just in a few moments this blue block will disappear and transform into a very narrow line. This "width" of this line is always fixed - 13 words of the heap. I can allocate 1000 ints in my program and the result will not change.

At the same time, it seems to me that size of the blue block which appears in the very beginning changes according to memory allocation. The point is that I can't measure this block because it disappears before I can take any action. Could somebody explain this strange behavior and correct me if I'm doing something wrong? Thanks.

Outcomes