I have made a custom buildroot for my custom BF537 board but it fails to start the linux kernel, stopping here:
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 01000000 ...
Image Name: bf537-0.2-3.5.7-ADI-2012R2
Created: 2013-09-03 13:23:20 UTC
Image Type: Blackfin Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
Data Size: 3732795 Bytes = 3.6 MiB
Load Address: 00001000
Entry Point: 001d7d28
Verifying Checksum ... OK
Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
Starting Kernel at = 001d7d28
From searching the forums I get the impression the kernel is running somewhere but I just can't see it.
There seems to be several parameters I can change:
- In make menuconfig when building the buildroot uImage I can set the 'Port to run getty (login prompt) on'. For me this is ttyUSB0. This doesn't appear to work for me. Am I right to enable this feature?
- In u-boot there are environment variables for bootargs and ramargs:
bootargs=root=/dev/mtdblock0 rw clkin_hz=27000000 earlyprintk=serial,uart0,57600 console=ttyBF0,57600
ramargs=root=/dev/mtdblock0 rw clkin_hz=27000000 earlyprintk=serial,uart0,57600 console=ttyBF0,57600
- I tried changing the console= parameter to ttyUSB0 but it didn't help.
- I tried changing the uart0 to ttyUSB0
What is earlyprintk? According to this link(http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=linux-kernel:debug:early_printk&s=earlyprintk) I must enable it, but I don't see it in the buildroot make menuconfig.
- ttyBF0 doesn't exist on my workstation in /dev.
Obviously I'm getting some data at the console because I do reach the starting kernel at....
So I've got:
- port to run getty(make menuconfig)
What do they each do?