AnsweredAssumed Answered

Some simple questions about BF533

Question asked by Lapsi on Sep 3, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2013 by Prashant

Hello,

I'm very new in using this kind of hardware and if you guys don't mind I'd like to make a few questions about the board I'm using and the program as well. I'm using a ADSP-BF533 EZ-KIT LITE REV 2.2 board, and using the examples Video Input (both ASM and C) and Video Output (ASM).

My questions are: I have seen in a some places that I looked that some processors have an Analog to Digital Converter (ADC). Is this right? and if it is, does my board have it? I mean an ADC for video.

The pins for video input and output confused me, is there a way of read only one input pin?

Is there any other place that I can look for more information about video analysis, processing, and related?

Later I intend to do some processing on the video. Is Assembly language really necessary for this particular application?

I try to look in the site for help and information, but usually was too much complicate and dificult for me to understand yet, or it didn't answer my questions...

Some of the places that i looked was the seminars module for blackfin and a lot of get started.

I'm sorry if these questions are very simple.

Regards,

Marcel

Outcomes