Maybe I missed it, but other than temperature range, what are the differences between the ADV7511W and the ADV7513? Is it suggested to use one rather than the other for a new design?
ADV7511W is just the automotive-qualified version of ADV7513. They are otherwise the same. Unless you need the temp range and certifications for automotive, you'd be paying extra for ADV7511W for nothing.
The main differences are:
1) input pixel bus width: 7513 - 24bit vs 7511 - 36 bits
2) Audio capture inputs: 7511 has DSD inputs
3) Pakage size: 7513 - LQFP-64 vs. 7511 - LQFP-100
4) Temperature range: 7513 - -25 to 85 vs 7511 - 0 to 70
5) TMDS link freq.: 7513 - 165MHz to 7511 - 225MHz, implies 7511 does deep color
Other then this the parts are very similar.
Both parts are recommended for new designs. Check out http://ez.analog.com/docs/DOC-3037
I compared two parts that were not what you were asking about, The comment below is correct.
Retrieving data ...