AnsweredAssumed Answered

SPORT2 in Multichannel mode

Question asked by sujan5614 on Jul 18, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 18, 2013 by SachinV

Hello,

I am working on ADSP BF548 Ez Kit LIte rev 1.4 using CCES.

I am trying to configure SPORT2 in multichannel mode for performing a simple loopback test.

Well here are the connections made on the board.

• DT2PRI <--> DR2PRI

The RFS2 and TFS2 is left open. since RFS2  is used by both the Transmit and Receive channels of the SPORT.

The RSCLK2 and TSCLK2 is also left open, since I am using internal clock. As per the HRM revision 1.2 page 24-18, it is mentioned to leave the TSCLK2 disconnected. Please confirm if I am right.

I am confused regarding how to configure the Frame Sync. As per the HRM, it is mentioned on page 24-21,

"Since RFSx is used by both the SPORTx_TX and SPORTx_RX channels of the SPORT in multichannel mode configuration, the corresponding bit pairs in SPORTx_RCR1 and SPORTx_TCR1, and in SPORTx_RCR2 and SPORTx_TCR2, should always be programmed identically, with the possible exception of the RXSE and TXSE pair and the RDTYPE and TDTYPE pair. This is true even if SPORTx_RX operation is not enabled."

What does "the corresponding bit pairs in SPORTx_RCR1 and SPORTx_TCR1, and in SPORTx_RCR2 and SPORTx_TCR2" mean.

Please guide me to configure the Frame Sync in case of multichannel mode.

Regards

Sujan

Outcomes