Using AD9915 with Single tone mode and Program Modulus enabled.
Please advise on the right settings of the CFR2 [23:16] especially marked by yellow color.
- Bit16 =1; 1 = enables programmable modulus.
- Bits 17,18 =00; 0 = disables no-dwell high/low functionality (default). OK
- Bit 19 =? in one hand, I want to disable the DRG function but if I want to use the Modulus mode, DRG must be active as it is used as an auxiliary accumulator. Please clarify what should be bit19 setting for modulus mode?
- Bits 20,21 =00; Digital ramp destination is Frequency
- Bit 22 =0 (serial control is used);
- Bit 23---- PS0,PS1 and PS2 are connected to GND so I use only Frequency Tuning Word 0 and no Phase/Amplitude control (OSK =0).
Therefore bit 23 should be 1 in order to use external pins PS0 to 2 as defined in the DS. 0 = disables profile mode functionality (default). And 1 = enables profile mode functionality. Profile pins are used to select the desired profile.
In case bit23=0- Which profile is selected ? How is this profile triggered/activated? I cannot find any details in the data sheet.