AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ethernet Application

Question asked by fmna on Apr 5, 2010
Latest reply on Jul 9, 2010 by fmna

Hello to all,

I'm responsible for making an ethernet application, which will implemente a proprietary protocol. I'm using a BF533 EZ-KIT Lite with Blackfin USB-LAN EZ-Extender.

So, starting from the beginning, i first need to send and receive an ethernet packet of my choice. I use a computer to send packets with packeth, and use wireshark to see  them

After extensive reading, both documentation and internet, and taking the example you provided ( ..\Blackfin\Examples\ADSP-BF533 EZ-KIT Lite\Power_On_Self_Test\EZ-USBLAN POST\ethernet_test.c ), i modified the code to run from scratch.

I managed to send how many and which type of packets to send. The problem is the receiving part. I've isolated the problem.

The lancallback routine never gets called when i receive a packet. I think i provide the buffers to read, so i think that's not the problem.

Just to make sure we're on the same page:

-When i want to send a packet->i get a free send buffer-> if available it is provided to the driver and the packet is sent.

-When i want to receive a packet->i provide drivers to the driver ; when a packet arrives, if there are available buffers, one is filled with the incoming info, and the lancallback is called.

If i'm correct, the problem is the lancallback routine, probably not well configured to receive packets.

Can you help me? Is your example supposed to receive packets or not? What am i doing wrong?

Thank you,

Fabio

Outcomes