AnsweredAssumed Answered

error: identifier "kINDEX_Event" is undefined

Question asked by DelperB on Mar 10, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 23, 2010 by SFernandez

Hi DSP Wizards,

I am using the evaluation board: ADSP21369 EZ-KIT Lite, and the Visual DSP++ 5.0.  My program will include the VDK Kernel.   I am starting to write the drivers and I need to configure a few signals (Bit Events, Semaphores, etc).

I created a bit event in the Kernel section called INDEX_Event.  If I try to clear the bit in my thread (before entering the While loop) I get this message:

==== If I try to use the same name: INDEX_Event: VDK_ClearEventBit (INDEX_Event);===========================

----------------Configuration: Prj - Debug----------------
.\TreatOne.c
".\TreatOne.c", line 20: cc0020:  error: identifier "INDEX_Event" is undefined
  VDK_ClearEventBit (INDEX_Event);
                     ^

1 error detected in the compilation of ".\TreatOne.c".
cc3089: fatal error: Compilation failed
Tool failed with exit/exception code: 1.
Build was unsuccessful.

==================================================================

======== If I try to use the name: kINDEX_Event: VDK_ClearEventBit (kINDEX_Event);  ===========================

----------------Configuration: Prj - Debug----------------
.\TreatOne.c
Linking...

[Error li1021]  The following symbols referenced in processor 'p0' could not be resolved:
        'VDK::g_EventBitState [_g_EventBitState__3VDK]' referenced from 'vdk-i-2136X.dlb[Event.doj]'
        'VDK::g_EventBitState [_g_EventBitState__3VDK]' referenced from 'vdk-i-2136X.dlb[VDK_API_Events.doj]'
        'VDK::g_EventBits [_g_EventBits__3VDK]' referenced from 'vdk-i-2136X.dlb[Event.doj]'
        'VDK::g_EventBits [_g_EventBits__3VDK]' referenced from 'vdk-i-2136X.dlb[VDK_API_Events.doj]'
        'VDK::g_Events [_g_Events__3VDK]' referenced from 'vdk-i-2136X.dlb[VDK_API_Events.doj]'
        'VDK::kNumEventBits [_kNumEventBits__3VDK]' referenced from 'vdk-i-2136X.dlb[VDK_API_Events.doj]'
        'VDK::kNumEvents [_kNumEvents__3VDK]' referenced from 'vdk-i-2136X.dlb[VDK_API_Events.doj]'

Linker finished with 1 error
cc3089: fatal error: Link failed
Tool failed with exit/exception code: 1.
Build was unsuccessful.

=================================================================

What is the problem?   Do I need to declare the Bit Event somewhere else?

Outcomes