1) SHA-1 should be 160 bit,Why's ADV7612's SHA registers 64 bit(SHA_A(4byte) +SHA_B(4byte))?
2) I read An,Aksv,SHA,Ri by AVES software after startrep cmd, but the value is 0,why?
1) The ADV7612 complies with the HDCP specification.
2) Depends on whether you are in DVI, non-HDCP or HDCP mode
thanks your great support
Can I use MCU(by MAIN I2C,not DDC) to configure internal EDID after ADV7612 power on? but fail, i'm sure that the I2C can configure other registers well and the i2c device address is right.
what else need i to do before configure internal EDID ?
The ADV7612 should behave just like any other I2C device. Configure it after power up. I've attached a set of scripts that confiugre our evaluation board. It's a good starting point. (The writes to address 72 are write to the ADV7511 on the eval. board which you can ignore.)
ADV7612's configurations are different between SD and HD(sync polarity),so Should I be detect it at first and then set appropriate registers? if so,how can i detect it?thanks!
The STDI module detects the format. See hardware Table 50. Then the correct script can be run ot set up the polarity and such.
1) if i use port A and port B at the same time. How to connect ADV7612 CEC pin?. I can see the recommend sch, Can it work simultaneously?
2) I know that port A and port B share intenal EDID memory, Port B's SPA can be configured by registers SPA_PORT_B and SPA_LOCATION, Does it mean port A use the same SPA with port B?
1) CEC is similar to I2C communications so you can tie multiple sinks together as shown in the reference design.
2) Both ports can use the same EDID however when the EDID is read by the source, the chip will place different SPA values into the stream as the stream goes by. The checksum is recalculated on the fly to fix up the block for the specific SPA data.
thanks,i understand your mean.
Now. I have another question. ADV7612's SPAs is for Source which connect to ADV7612 port. but how can i set ADV7612's physical address when as a repeater or a sink? Is it 0.0.0.0 by default? i don't find the corresponding egisters.
If it is a pure sink then the SPA will be the original one you load in the initialization EDID table along with the SPA_B that you configure.
If it is a repeater then the EDID will be derived from the sink.
Check out the 7612 hardware guide section "Structure of internal E-Edid for port A", page 33 how to set up the SPA information, specifically SPA_LOCATION and SPA_PORT_B registers. SPA_LOCATION points to where in the EDID block the SPA_PORT_B values are inserted into as the EDID is read by the source.
Thank your reply!
If adv7612 is a pure sink, the EDID table and SPA_B is physical address of source.Does it have the physical address itself?
I am far from a CEC expert but it is my understanding that the 7612, as a sink, could use the same SPA addresses on both ports such as 126.96.36.199.
Retrieving data ...