AnsweredAssumed Answered

linux defconfig trouble

Question asked by illishar on May 15, 2013
Latest reply on May 17, 2013 by illishar

Hello,

I'm trying to create a complete "buildroot" configuration, of my own.

I'm using the newest release: blackfin-buildroot-2012R2-RC5.tar.bz2 + uclibc_full.

Buildroot defconfig can be created with "make savedefconfig". (And copied to the config folder)

The linux config can be created with "make linux-savedefconfig".

The buildroot config defines where to find configs for busybox, linux, etc.

I'd like to place my linux.config in the vendor folder (as suggested by the Buildroot documentation).

Eg. using AnalogDevices config as template, I've copied the linux defconfig to "board/AnalogDevices/blackfin/linux.config". Then I've set the "Using a custom config file" in menuconfig and the "Configuration file path" to "board/AnalogDevices/blackfin/linux.config". There're several other configs (eg. calao_usb_a9g20_lpw_defconfig), that does it likewise.

But it doesn't work! I run the following:

make clean

make distclean

make pch-bf526_defconfig

make menuconfig

make linux-menconfig (this one breaks)

It fails with:

=========================================================

>>> linux custom Configuring

PATH="/home/mk/blackfin-buildroot/output/host/bin:/home/mk/blackfin-buildroot/output/host/usr/bin:/home/mk/blackfin-buildroot/output/host/usr/sbin/:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/opt/uClinux/bfin-uclinux/bin:/opt/uClinux/bfin-linux-uclibc/bin" PERLLIB="/home/mk/blackfin-buildroot/output/host/usr/lib/perl" /usr/bin/make -j1 O="/home/mk/blackfin-buildroot/output/build/linux-custom" HOSTCC="/usr/bin/gcc" HOSTCFLAGS="" ARCH=blackfin INSTALL_MOD_PATH=/home/mk/blackfin-buildroot/output/target CROSS_COMPILE=" /home/mk/blackfin-buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/bfin-linux-uclibc-" DEPMOD=/home/mk/blackfin-buildroot/output/host/usr/sbin/depmod -C "linux/linux-kernel"/ "board/AnalogDevices/blackfin/linux.config"

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mk/blackfin-buildroot/linux/linux-kernel'

HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep

GEN     /home/mk/blackfin-buildroot/output/build/linux-custom/Makefile

make[3]: *** No rule to make target `board/AnalogDevices/blackfin/linux.config'.  Stop.

make[2]: *** [board/AnalogDevices/blackfin/linux.config] Error 2

make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mk/blackfin-buildroot/linux/linux-kernel'

make: *** [/home/mk/blackfin-buildroot/output/build/linux-custom/.stamp_configured] Error 2

=========================================================

What am I doing wrong?

I've attached my Buildroot defconfig and my linux defconfig. The rest is the same as the bf526-ezbrd-fdpic_defconfig

Attachments

Outcomes