AnsweredAssumed Answered

Realtime control of SigmaDSP (adau1772) from a PC

Question asked by ralcock on May 9, 2013
Latest reply on May 9, 2013 by BrettG

SigmaStudio has some excellent filter design capabilities for the adau1772 and the ability to interact with it in real time. However, I have some very specific IIR design code running in C++ and Python. I would ideally like to be able to use C++ to interact with the adau1772 in real time.

Question 1 (The easy way) : Is there an existing library for windows that would let me control the adau1772 board from C++?

Question 2 (The hard way) : SigmaStudio communicates with the adau1772 via the "EVAL-ADUSB2Z" interface board, presumably using the FTD2XX libraries. I've studied the files generated by "Export system files" and the header file "SigmaStudioFW.h". It looks reasonably easy to implement the functions in "SigmaStudioFW.h" which would do everything I want.

2a. Is this the right approach?

2b. Has anyone done this on the PC?

2c. Does anyone know of any good examples showing how to use the FTDXX libraries to generate the required I2C output?

(Example 6 at http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/SoftwareExamples/CodeExamples/VC.htm doesn't detect any FTD devices on my Windows7 PC)

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Outcomes