AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD2S1210 Position Issue 0-360 Deg in 0-180 Deg Span

Question asked by jmlee on Apr 30, 2013
Latest reply on May 6, 2013 by J.Gealon

Hello All,

I've seen some previous posts on this topic, but the other posts are related to SPI instead of parallel bus reading modes. I'm using the AD2S1210 in a motor control application where I'm also using a four pole resolver. I'm reading the position and velocity registers over the parallel bus. I'm getting values from 0-360 degrees from the motor where I expect to get 0 to 180, continuing on to 360 to then fold back to zero. Essentially, full scale occurs from 0-180 instead of 0-360 mechanical degrees on the motor. I'm in 12-bit resolution and I'm giving 0x7A as the data word to the control address. I assume that the four-pole resolver is at the core of the problem, but I don't know how to fix the issue.

Does anyone know how to answer this problem? Other posts said that same SPI coding mistakes were the culprit, but I don't think that is the case here.

Thanks,

John

So, I haven't been able to click on the Reply button for some reason. I'll post to the original question section then:

I really interested in how to program the AD2S1210 to give me the correct positioning for a four-pole resolver or how to interpret incorrect position feedback in code, and obtain the correct results. I know that the 0-360 response will occur for ever 0-180 mechanical degrees, and then it will roll-over, I just don't know how to change that to something useful in my system.

Any ideas for how to interpret this signal after it is given?

Outcomes