Hello Need help with starting chip ADE5169. I am developing an electricity meter on a chip ADE5169. The problem is that the gradual increase of the voltage controller is reset. Resets mattered variables.
Can you give more information on the issue that you are reporting here? Does the chip keep resetting before powering up? Can you attach the schematic so that I might an idea of the setup.
Hello!Sorry for being so long in writing. Attach the device circuitry. After VSWOUT VT5 switched to VREGcontroller stopped working. When you first turn after the firmware controller PSM0 enters PSM1, then PSM2, but when power is supplied to the controller does not go in any mode. The unit does not turn on. Here is the code power settings:
//this routine initializes the SFRs correspondent to power management
//--- для восстановления скорости 9600
BATPR = 0x01; //Переключение питания на батарейку будет при VDD<2.75В и VDCIN<1.2В
//---- COREOFF - 0
//---- METEROF - 0
POWCON = (POWCON &= 0xAF);
PERIPH = (PERIPH & 0xF0);
PERIPH = (PERIPH | 0x01);
//this routine initializes the SFRs correspondent to power management in PSM0
//clear eventual flags in IPSMF
IPSMF = 0x00; //Очищаем все флаги по питанию в IPSMF
00=battery switchover enabled on Low VDD
BATPR = 0x00; //Переключение питания на батарейку будет только при VDD < 2.75 В
STRBPER = 0x03; //Периодическое измерение температуры будет осуществляться каждую минуту
IFFPROG = 0x08; //Прерываний при изменении температуры на 1 LSB
ADCGO = 0x00; //Отключаем все старты для измерения температуры, батарейки и входного напряжения
BATVTH = Battery_Low; //Устанавливаем минимальный уровень напряжения батарейки
0=no PSM interrupt when VSW passes from VBAT to VDD because this
is something PSM1 and PSM2 modes have to deal with
x=reserved (0 by default)
0=no PSM interrupt for SAG event
0=no PSM interrupt for VSW related events
0=disable PSM interrupt for VBAT monitoring
0=no PSM interrupt when VSW switches from VDD to VBAT
0=disable PSM interrupt for VDCIN<1.2V
IPSME = 0x00; //Все прерывания по питанию отключены
IEIP2 &= (~EPSM); //Все прерывания по питанию отключены
I apologize for the slow reply on this question. I was trying to comprehend the content from your previous post, but I would need some more insight to understand the problem you are facing and about your setup.
Some of the comments that you have placed are in a different font and the screenshots of your schematic have low resolution for me to zoom into the details. Let us split the details required into questions so that we can narrow the problem down. Kindly answer to the following questions:
1. I believe that the problem you are facing is that the ADE5169 does not power up even after providing supply of 3.3V. Is that right? Or else, kindly explain your problem here, in short.
2. I see that while setting POWCON register you just clear the bits 0 and 2 and leave the remaining bits the same. Do you set POWCON earlier in the code? Otherwise, setting it to a proper value the first time is important to ensure you haven’t changed the default value accidentally. Table 26 of the datasheet shows the bit setting description. Kindly glance over it and set the bits accordingly. In the same way, it will be good to ensure PERIPH register default value as well.
3. Can you provide a detailed schematic of the setup as a pdf file? The screenshot doesn’t seem to have enough resolution. Or you can take zoomed in screenshots in parts too, if that is easier for you.
4. Page 31 of the datasheet has the internal power supply architecture explained in detail. Kindly refer to that section for functionality verification. Figure 38 might be of most help in understanding the changeover from one mode to another.
5. What makes you feel that the IC does not turn ON? Do you monitor the on-chip reference?
I apologize for my English. To answer your questions:
1) At the moment, the problem is this: when you turn off the device, it goes from PCM0 mode and then PCM1 mode PCM2. After the occurrence of interrupts from the RTC or INT1 VINTD voltage appears at 2.5V. After that, as you have correctly understood, ADE5169 does not power up even after providing supply of 3.3V.
2) On the register POWCON all okay. All the default values.
3) I will try to provide a scheme in the near future.
4) Re-read page 31. Problem not solved.
5) Monitoring of transitions between modes is done by writing the appropriate message to the additional memory. Upon any termination, there is no record of the transition in any mode.
How have you configured your power supply switchover? Do you have a battery connected to VBAT? How are you turning OFF the chip? Are you enabling BCTRL interrupt for switch from battery mode to VDD. In that case, you will have to make sure that the BCTRL is at a proper logic as required, for the part to power up back to PSM0.
Retrieving data ...