AnsweredAssumed Answered

BF609 and ADV7391

Question asked by FranzW on Apr 21, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 23, 2013 by Aaronwu

Hello

I want to use a ADV7391 to output a video signal under uCLinux. My hardware is a BF609 and I am currently using buildroot-2012R2RC2.

What I have done:

I am using the basic buildroot settings of the Ez-Kit BF609 from ADI and reconfigure the settings for my needs. Via google I found the information that the ADV7393 driver also supports the ADV7391. For the ADV7391 I activated the driver in the linux-menuconfig as in the following link: http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=linux-kernel:drivers:adv7393

When I want to "make" linux with this configuration, after a while compiling stops with errors:

/linux-kernel/drivers/video/bfin_adv7393fb.c: In function ‘bfin_config_dma’:

/linux/linux-kernel/drivers/video/bfin_adv7393fb.c:218: error: ‘CH_PPI’ undeclared (first use in this function)

/linux-kernel/drivers/video/bfin_adv7393fb.c:218: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

/linux/linux-kernel/drivers/video/bfin_adv7393fb.c:218: error: for each function it appears in.)

/linux/linux-kernel/drivers/video/bfin_adv7393fb.c: In function ‘bfin_config_ppi’:

/linux-kernel/drivers/video/bfin_adv7393fb.c:243: error: implicit declaration of function ‘bfin_write_PPI_CONTROL’

/linux/linux-kernel/drivers/video/bfin_adv7393fb.c:244: error: implicit declaration of function ‘bfin_write_PPI_FRAME’

For me as beginner it is clear that this errors means that CH_PPI and so on are not defined. What CH_PPI means i can imagine but the other things not really.

So my question is:

Can someone give me the setting for getting the ADV7391 working under uCLinux?

Thanks

Franz

Outcomes