AnsweredAssumed Answered

Migration of VDSP++ project to CCES - project uses much more code space than before.

Question asked by mf09 on Apr 15, 2013
Latest reply on May 13, 2013 by CraigG

Hi ,

I have a Blackfin-targetted Visual DSP++ 5.0 project that I've migrated across to the CCES environment (version 1.0.1.0) - the  migrated project compiles and runs OK on an Blackfin EZ-KIT Lite BF537 evaluation board.

The only issue is that the CCES project is taking about 16Kbytes more program memory compared to the VDSP++ 5.0, which is a show-stopper for this particular application.

On a side-by-side comparison between the map files for the two build environments, there appears to be much more C++ and/or C runtime code being linked in with the CCES project, and I'm wondering what project settings in that environment can be invoked to minimise the amount of non-essential code being pulled in ?

Elimination is enabled in the Linker settings, and I've tried a few other random settings such as Linker >> General >> "Individually map functions and data items", without having any significant impact on the overall program memory usage.

Both projects are debug builds.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Michael

Outcomes