Hello the communauty,
I have a very problematic issue on my BF537 based board :
I need to use /dev/ttyBF0 to connect a GPRS modem (/dev/ttyBF1 is already used for a GPS). To have /dev/ttyBF0 available under uClinux, I deactivate the console this way in uboot with the "console" kernel option : console=null
But I experience freeze or reboot and I found when it happens : it's when one or more byte arrives on the serial port and the /dev/ttyBF0 port is not opened by any process.
Anybody experienced this issue too ? Is there a workaround or do I need to analyse the uClinux-dist/linux-2.6.x/drivers/serial/bfin_5xx.c to try to understand the problem ?
This problem is easily repetable, the board freezes each time :
- I open a telnet console on the board (the board has wifi)
- I launch top -d1 to see activity of the board
- On my computer, I launch minicom connected to /dev/ttyBF0
- I send 2 byte, the board freezes, 30 seconds later it reboots (due to watchdog)
- After reboot, if I open the port (with microcom -s 115200 /dev/ttyBF0 for example), it never freezes when I send data
- I close microcom, I send 2 bytes ---> freeze
Any idea is welcome !