I would appreciate if you could direct me how to program the VGA EDID for 7850? The hardware guide only shows the i2c address and the memory map for the HDMI port.
Thank you in advance.
Besides connection the hardware up correctly, here's the basic steps that need to be followed
1) Create a good EDID block (only need VESA part)
2) Set the EDID map slave address up
3) load the EDID block into the EDID MAP
4) Set VGA_EDID_SPACE_SEL to 1
5) Set MAN_VGA_EDID_ENABLE to 1
Normally the VGA is only using the VESA block so you don't have to worry about SPA registers.
http://ez.analog.com/docs/DOC-2143 is a simple tool to help create the EDID blocks
Retrieving data ...