AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADV 7180- multiple analog inputs

Question asked by Yogesh on Mar 10, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2013 by GuenterL

Hello ,

ADV 7180 can  handle multiple analog inputs and gives output in ITU R BT 656 format (P0-P7).

So in case of multiple analog inputs (say 3 or 4 CVBS inputs), how exactly does the muxing happen in  ADV from the given below options:

1.) Does the ADV produce output for one complete Horizontal line of the frame (i.e. EAV + horizontal blanking data+ SAV + Actual video data of 720 pixels) for first analog input, then muxes/switches to the second analog input and produces output for one complete Horizontal line of the frame for second analog input , then next and so on...So muxing/switching in case of multiple analog inputs happens only after one complete horizontal line of the frame is generated at the output.

OR

2.) ADV outputs (P0-P7) for first analog input, muxes/switches to the second analog input and outputs P0-P7, muxes/switches to the third analog input etc.. until all analog inputs are done. After this reset to the first analog input and start all over again. Here muxing/switching of analog inputs occurs after every byte as compared to one complete horizontal line as in case 1 above.

OR

3.) Is it very different from what I have discussed in above 2 cases.

This will help me understand ADV 7180 better and to write driver for the same as I need to handle multiple analog inputs.

Regards

YK

Outcomes