AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to integrate custom application into buildroot?

Question asked by LukasW on Mar 6, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 14, 2013 by sonic

Hello,

iam trying to build linux for a custom bf537-stamp board. Iam currently running uClinux 2010R1 on the device at the moment, now i want to update to 2012R2 using the new buildroot environment. I need a possibly lightweight linux with some network services, a custom application and some custom kernel drivers.

Kerneldrivers can be placed as kernel-patch into a custom board directory. That is not nice for maintenance of the drivers, but it would work.

However, I have no idea, how to integrate my application into buildroot in a suiteable way. I have read buildroot documentation about adding packages. But I can neighter provide a public repository nor a downloadable tarball with sourcecode - and local copy is not included in 2012R2-RC5 buildroot package handling. How do i handle integration of custom software to buildroot the correct way in this case?

And do you have a hint for me how to manage revision control on customization changes to buildroot system, keeping update ability (i.e. git connection to blackfin repo)?

Outcomes