AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADP3303 Vs ADP7102

Question asked by sridhar@arete on Mar 6, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 12, 2013 by hyao

Dear ADI Team,

We are in the process of selecting an appropriate LDO for our design and i wanted to request for your inputs on ADP3303 Vs ADP7102 for our application.

(1) In our design, we have a DC/DC converter (NMK2409SAC) generating 9V DC from 24V DC supply. The 9V output from the DC/DC converter is input to the LDO which is expected to generate 5V. The 5V supply will drive a precision sigma delta ADC (AD7190 or equivalent) and also an external bridge. As you may have already guessed, the requirements for the 5V supply - High Accuracy, Very Low Noise & Good PSRR.

We have looked at ADP3303 and ADP7102 and came to a conclusion that ADP7102 is probably the right choice. Would you agree? Is there any other LDO in ADI that we should be looking at for this application? Please advice.

(2) Also, as a general question, isn't it safer to go for a fixed output version of regulator rather than an adjustable version? I am worried if the temperature coefficient of the resistors in the dividers used in the adjustable version end up having a bearing on the accuracy of the final output. Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

Thank you!

With Best Regards,

Sridhar

Outcomes