AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD7397 -> Timing important? Problem..

Question asked by joerdis on Mar 5, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 5, 2013 by joerdis

Hey all,

I've got a little problem with the DAC AD7397. ...the problem is, the chip doesn't work at the moment

The first question I got is: Are the timings mentioned in the datasheet important? Because if I get it right, the latches in the chip can be supplied with constant signals and do not need changing states, right? So I don't need falling/rising edges to get the data into the registers, if I understood it well.

At the moment I realized the 4th line from the logic table in the datasheet, that is "write to A", with fixed cables, not by uC.

I would be glad about any hints, thank's a lot!

Jördis

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guten Tag!

Ich habe gerade ein Problem mit dem DAC AD7397. Und zwar funktioniert er im Moment noch nicht.

Eine erste Frage, die ich habe: Sind die Timings wichtig? Es gibt Timing-Diagramme im Datenblatt, aber wenn ich es richtig verstehe, kann man bei den eingebauten Latches doch aber die Signalpegel konstant halten und braucht keine Zustandswechsel, oder? Ich habe im Moment den 4. Zustand aus der Logiktabelle gewählt, d.h. write to A, fest verdrahtet, nicht über einen uC.

Würde mich über eine Rückmeldung freuen!

Vielen Dank,

Jördis

Outcomes