AnsweredAssumed Answered

JPEG Decode Library, Missing sourcefiles

Question asked by robert87 on Feb 19, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 21, 2013 by SteveT

Hello,

when i try to use the JPEG Decoder Library that is provided by Analog Devices for the Blackfin Family I run into Problems with the Linker. I downloaded and installed the Library from here. In my project it is then available as an Add-in in the System Configuration Overview under 'system.svc'. The Add-in successfully integrates the header-files in the include directory. I did follow the instruction of the "Getting Started.rtf" and the "KT-370 JPEG Decoder Library Reference Guide.pdf" that came with the installer.

But when I build the project the linker complains he cannot resolve the JPEG specific functions. In detail:

[Error li1021] The following symbols referenced in processor 'p0' could not be resolved:

'JPEG_DecodeImage [_JPEG_DecodeImage]' referenced from '.\jpeg_dec_file_io.doj'

'JPEG_Decoder_DELETE [_JPEG_Decoder_DELETE]' referenced from '.\jpeg_dec_file_io.doj'

'JPEG_Decoder_NEW_4_0 [_JPEG_Decoder_NEW_4_0]' referenced from '.\jpeg_dec_file_io.doj'

'JPEG_GetBits [_JPEG_GetBits]' referenced from '.\JPEG_APPn_reader.doj'

'JPEG_GetSegmentHeader [_JPEG_GetSegmentHeader]' referenced from '.\JPEG_APPn_reader.doj'

'JPEG_Param_CONFIG_4_0 [_JPEG_Param_CONFIG_4_0]' referenced from '.\jpeg_dec_file_io.doj'

'JPEG_Param_INIT [_JPEG_Param_INIT]' referenced from '.\jpeg_dec_file_io.doj'

'JPEG_Param_STATUS [_JPEG_Param_STATUS]' referenced from '.\jpeg_dec_file_io.doj'

'JPEG_ProcessHeader [_JPEG_ProcessHeader]' referenced from '.\jpeg_dec_file_io.doj'

'JPEG_SkipBits [_JPEG_SkipBits]' referenced from '.\JPEG_APPn_reader.doj'

Linker finished with 1 error

cc3089: fatal error: Link failed

make: *** [..\..\..\bin\JPEG_Dec_FileIO_BF527.dxe] Error 1

I tried to locate the sourcefiles myself but I was not able to find them. Further in "KT-362 JPEG Decoder Blackfin Release Notes.pdf" it says that only BF60x processors are supported with version 1.0.0 of Crosscore Embedded Studio. I do use a BF527 but have version 1.0.1.0 CCES.

Was the issue solved with the current release?

Where do I find the sourcefiles for the JPEG-functions or how do I implement the library Add-in correctly?

Thank you,

Robert

Outcomes