AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADIS16485 Temperature/Bias Stability

Question asked by imms on Feb 15, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 19, 2013 by NevadaMark
Branched from an earlier discussion

Hello Mark,

Thank you very much for the prompt answers yesterday.

• Currently I am trying to compute the in-run bias stability of the ADIS16485 IMU that I have using an Allan variance curve @ 25 Deg C. However even if I use a temperature chamber to maintain the temperature at 25 Deg C, if the internal temperature of the IMU is always more than 25 Deg C then I am not sure how to compute it. Any suggestions regarding this will be very helpful.

• More over will it be possible to get the individual calibration data for each IMU please?

• I am asking about calibration data because according to the Allan variance curve in the datasheet, the in-run bias stability is valid for ~83 % of the IMU's. So is there is a possibility that the IMU that I have purchased may be BETTER/WORSE than 6.25 deg?

• Also according to the data sheet of ADIS16485, the bias temperature coefficient for the accelerometer is 0.03 mg/C and the bias stability is 32 ug. If the temperature sensor has an accuracy of +/- 5 Deg C, then I think it will have an impact of the bias stability (similarly for gyroscopes as well). Just wondering can you please let us know your view on this.

Best regards,

Imms.

Outcomes