In my application, I need to scan the sinusoidal wave frequency from 1 kHz to 5 MHz. Peak-to-peak amplitude requirement is 100mV. Quality of sinusoid is important in the application. I also need to repeat the frequency scanning process with different DC bias (say 50mV to 4.95 V).
1) Is AD9834 the best solution Analog Devices offers ? If yes, does it have option to sweep the DC bias of sinusoid ? [ I understand that I can use one DAC in parallel, controlled by the processor, and mix its o/p with the AD9834 o/p. But doing so would require additional SPI ]
2) How does the sinusoidal o/p of AD9834 look like? As per datasheet VOUTmax, VOUTmin are 600mV and 30mV. Does it mean that peak-to-peak amplitude and dc bias would be 570mV and 315mV respectively with IOUT = 3mA ?
3) Can I achieve 100mV p-p at the o/p by connecting 41.1K resistor at FSADJUST pin ?
4) Is there any option of logarithmic (or customized) frequency sweep. Say 1 KHz to 10 KHz in steps of 1 KHz, steps of 10 KHz for 10 KHz to 100 KHz, steps of 100 KHz for 100 KHz to 1 MHz and steps of 1 MHz for 1 MHz to 5MHz.
5) I would need similar customized sweeping option for DC bias as well. Any existing solution ?
Thanks in advance for your help.
AG / GT Silicon
Message was edited by: Amit Gupta