AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD2S1210 serial mode question

Question asked by srhodes on Jan 7, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 7, 2013 by srhodes

Hello,

I am working with the EVAL-AD2S1210EDZ development board in stand-alone mode.  I am configuring the board for the serial interface to communicate with a PIC processor (dsPIC33 family).  It appears that my setup and configuration between the two parts is correct for serial mode (SPI).  If I put the AD2S1210 into Configuration mode, I can successfully read and write to the registers.  However, if I put the AD2S1210 into Normal mode (either for position or velocity), what I see is that it looks like I get the high byte successfully for the angular data, but then it is repeated for the following two bytes, which actually should be the angular data low byte and fault byte.  I believe that I am meeting all of the timing requirements for the SPI cycles and matching the timing diagrams per the datasheet.  I am setting A0 and A1 for normal mode.  I then toggle /SAMPLE low, then set /SYNC low for the duration of the 8-bit clock cycles for each byte read.  /CS is low the entire time.  I'm hoping that I'm just missing something simple.  Any possible suggestions?

Thank you,

Sean

Outcomes