AnsweredAssumed Answered

Programming internal  FLASH on BF506F

Question asked by KCambridge on Jan 4, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2013 by Prashant

I have built a small application which runs partly from the internal flash, and partly from L1 memory. This all works fine when connected to my target via the HPUSB-ICE emulator. I now want to run without the emulator. My understanding is that:

1. The portion of the application which resides in flash is automatically programmed into the flash memory ( at 0x20020000) when the program is loaded  whilst still connected via the emulator.

2. The other portion of the application ( which runs in L1 memory) has to be loaded manually by using the Flash programmer tool to program my .ldr file into the internal flash ( at 0x20000000).

I have done this, and the flash programming tool advises me that all was successful. I can do a memory dump at this point to verify that both sections of code are in the correct locations.

However, when I disconnect the emulator, and cycle power on my target board, the program does not run. If I now re-connect the emulator and do the same memory dumps, there is no code in the flash memory ( all bytes = 0xFF).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I am going wrong with this?

Outcomes