AnsweredAssumed Answered

PARALLEL FLASH MEMORIES FOR SHARC PROCESSOR

Question asked by kaushalkumar on Dec 29, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 7, 2013 by Harshit.Gaharwar

HELLO

I NEED ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTION:

1. HOW TO CHOOSE BETWEEN TOP BOOT BLOCK PARALLEL FLASH OR BOTTOM BOOT BLOCK PARALLEL FLASH.

2. GENERALLY ALL FLASHES USED IN KITS ARE BOTTOM BOOT BLOCK DEVICES HAVING BOOT BLOCK AT THE STARTING ADDRESS i.e.  0X000000H.

3.HOW PROCESSOR COMES TO KNOW WHERE THE BOOT BLOCK IS IN THE FLASH BOOT MODE ? IS THIS INTELLIGENCE BUILT IN THE KERNEL OF THE PROCESSOR.

4.THERE IS CODE GIVEN FOR M29W320EB WITH THE SHARC 21469 KIT . THE PROCESSORS BOOT FROM IT NICELY.WE HAVE CUSTOM BOARD WITH FLASH M29W640FT.BUT THE THING IS WITH THE SAME FLASH DRIVER OF M29W320EB WE ARE ABLE TO PROGRAM M29W640FT AND ALSO BOOT THE PROCESSOR. THERE ARE LOT OF DIFFERENCE IN BOTH THE DEVICES BUT I AM NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND HOW THE TWO DEVICES ARE WORKING WITH THE SAME DRIVERS OF M29W640FT.

5.SHOULD THERE BE ANY DIFFERENCE IN THE FLASH DRIVERS OF A TOP OR BOTTOM BOOT BLOCK DEVICES.IF NOT PLEASE EXPLAIN AND IF YES THEN ALSO PLEASE EXPLAIN.

THESE DOUBTS MAY BE VERY SILLY BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO SOLVE THESE ISSUES. IT WOULD BE GREAT HELP IF ANY BODY WOULD SUGGEST ANY SOLUTIONS AND ALSO IF POSSIBLE SOME MATERIAL FORM WHERE WE CAN UNDERSTAND THESE TOP AND BOTTOM BOOT BLOCK PARALLEL FLASHES. ALSO.

WAITING FOR EAGER RESPONSE.

THANKS ALL

Outcomes