AnsweredAssumed Answered

LabVIEW closes using ActiveX

Question asked by jcohen on Dec 11, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 12, 2012 by CraigG

I am programming the BlackFin 561 DSP Processor in a production environment using Active Control.  I open a session, load the configFile, then load the driver (and any other required files).  When running the tool as a stand alone vi, i have no problem running the ActiveX but over time, i have notice that when running within the test executive we are using, there is a point where the ActiveX function and LabVIEW closes completely, with no error messages.

I am using the ADZS-HPUSB-ICE programmer to load the Blackfin 561.  After the "error" occurs, I noticed that the enable LED is amber, and all 3 voltage LEDs are enabled.  I can pinpoint the problem to be as soon as the LabVIEW script enters the ActiveX function to load the driver (*.dxe).  When trying to load the driver, the LEDs all turn on on the ADZS-HPUSB-ICE, LabVIEW closes and all i see is the desktop.  If I try reconnect to the device, I need to cycle power to the ADZS-HPUSB-ICE and then I can reconnect and try again.

What would cause a scenario like this to leave the ADZS-HPUSB-ICE in the state I am seeing?

Outcomes