AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD-FMCOMMS1-EBZ documentation

Question asked by Tanee on Dec 3, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 5, 2012 by rejeesh

Questions below arise when I try to find a way to use AD-FMCOMMS1-EBZ with kc705 FPGA board for my own purpose, starting from the given reference design.

1) I note from cf_xcomm_kc705_bd.jpg that the two DAC 16-bit signals from the FPGA are demuxed in the AD-FMCOMMS1-EBZ, which is controlled via the DAC DCI signal. This corresponds to the given schematic of AD-FMCOMMS1-EBZ (fmcomms1-revbschematic.pdf), which shows that there are only one DAC 16-bit signal and one DAC DCI signal on the FMC connector. The question is why there are two DAC 16-bit signals and no DAC DCI signal referred the UCF file of the reference design (system.ucf). Is the given UCF file really usable for an FPGA board? Note also that a similar kind of question exists for the ADC interface.

2) The info given by cf_xcomm_setup.h does not enable me to know a way to modify it for a AD-FMCOMMS1-EBZ configuration of anyone's purpose. It is stated in the file that "XCOMM Setup routines directly parsed from bitflipper files", but can anyone point to the residence of the bitflipper files? Specifically, can anyone point to a complete documentation of how to configure the AD-FMCOMMS1-EBZ for its various capabilities?

Thanks.

Outcomes