AnsweredAssumed Answered

building for multiple targets within a single project with CCES?

Question asked by ChristianF on Nov 19, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 21, 2012 by CraigG

I'm currently working on a project that shall run an at least two different Blackfin cores. My intention is to separate the core-dependent code from the common code and add build options for each target.

Ideally I'd like to have different file lists and prefs for each target with all common files only existing as a single copy and the ability to batch build for each target.

How can I do that with CCES?

I don't want to use separate projects if possible because then I'd have to duplicate a lot of files and functionality unnecessarily. So far however I haven't found a way to do this.

Build configurations don't work because the target processor is shared among configurations and because I can't tell the CCES to use different file lists for each build so the build breaks on the code items not intended for the target.

I don't know how or if I could adapt make targets to offer that functionality or if that would clash with the project preferences.

I'd rather not use different projects because I'd have to duplicate and keep in sync a lot of files that won't differ from target to target just because each project assumes that they are available. I'd also have to put the eclipse workspace files in the repository to make sure other developers get all projects and all relevant files. This I'd rather not do because the workspace includes a lot of user info and prefs.

So is there a way to configure CCES to build for multiple targets and if so how do I need to set it up?

Outcomes