AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question regarding potential ADAU1761 SigmaDSP Application...

Question asked by mwfortner on Nov 13, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 10, 2012 by mwfortner

Team,

We have a customer here in town that wants to use the ADAU1761 SigmaDSP to meet the following application requirements.

The customer has a unit that handles long range, 2-way radio (LRR) and supplies an interface that has an audio in and audio out port for the end user. 

They need to build an interface card that will interface to the two audio ports so that they can do the following:

1. Receive audio from the LRR and output it to a set of speakers or a headset for the user
2. Receive audio from the user via a mic/headset and output the audio to the LRR
3. Take the audio from the mic and also output it (mix it) to the user’s headphones/speaker (will feedback/distoration be an issue?).  I think they want the end user to be able to hear his/her own voice.

They believe that several of these requirements will require mixing with the mic when outputting the audio, but also that the mic input alone will have to be routed out to the LRR (non-mixed, of course) to achieve #2.

This looks like the perfect application for the ADAU1761 SigmaDSP, but I wanted to confirm with you to make sure there is not something I am overlooking.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Outcomes