AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9540 Eval board communication error

Question asked by DShinholt on Nov 2, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 5, 2012 by Kyle.Slightom

I have installed the AD9540 evaluation software and drivers on a 32-bit Windows XP system and can't seem to get a response from the output of the board.  This board has an onboard VCO clock, from which I also cannot measure a response (J16).  I have also tried to use an external clock, with no luck.  I am powering all the required connections according to the eval board instructions (TB1, J14, and J17).  Whenever I load a value for a setting onto the board through the software, then read back the value, all values return to the default settings.  It seems to me that I can read the board settings, but cannot write new values to it.  The software is telling me that the board is connected and the drivers have been successfully loaded.  When I scan for the eval board through the software, I receive this message:

*** Notice ***

This operation will reset the evaluation board.

USB Driver appears to be installed...

Checking the USB Bus...

Found 1 Eval Boards on USB Bus

Using Ezssp-0...

Initializing the Evaluation Board...

Resetting the Eval Board & Detecting DUTs...

Master DUT detected...

Slave DUT not detected...

Enabling USB Evalbd Polling...

I'm not sure if the software is getting stuck on the last command, "Enabling USB Evalbd Polling...", meaning that the software is unable to write new values to the board.  It seems like the board might be broken, but I hope I'm just making a simple mistake...

Outcomes