AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADV212 questions

Question asked by SpacedCowboy on Oct 20, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 9, 2013 by DaveD

Hi,

I'm planning on using the ADV212 to encode SD PAL/NTSC video on a field-by-field or possibly frame-by-frame basis. I'll have a 16-bit interface to the chip. The design currently looks like the attached schematic (there's lots of headers so I can swap things in and out )

I had a few questions:

• Is it necessary to have the JTAG pins connected for any run-time or development-time process ? I can't find any reference in the manual for anything I'd need them for, but I don't want to spin the board and find out I needed them... In the meantime they're all tied low apart from TDO.
  • Similarly, the SCOMM pins ? Apart from SCOMM4, are any of the other pins likely to be useful ? Again, they're currently tied low apart from SCOMM4
  • Since I'm only using 16-bit i/o, do I really need to tie the top 16 pins to ground via a pull-down resistor ?
  • In the FAQ for 'what's the absolute minimal pins required', it states you need to have the DMA pins configured. I don't need DMA, right ? (This seems to be confirmed by another FAQ, but thought I'd check). I've tied these high or low depending on the data sheet. Is this ok ?

I could bring all the pins out of course, but that makes routing a bit more complex, my CAD program isn't particularly helpful in this regard...

If there's anything missing, I'd appreciate being told now, as well

Simon.

Attachments

Outcomes