AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to check if ADIS-16480 actually works ?

Question asked by Mau on Oct 15, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 3, 2013 by NevadaMark

Hello,

I have purchased an ADIS-16480 and tried to connect it to an Arduino board but I haven't been able to make it work.

The programming of the Arduino should be fine, as my code is identical to the code posted in some previous discussions (http://ez.analog.com/message/54453#54453). The hardware connections should be OK as well... the only part where I could have made any mistake is in converting digital voltage levels between the Arduino (5V) and the ADIS (3V3). The way I implemented the voltage translation is:

• Using voltage dividers to traslate SS, MOSI and SCK from the Arduino;
  • Using a SN74LVC2745 voltage translator to increase the voltage of MISO and the interrupt (DIO2) signals coming from the ADIS.

I'm aware that the voltage divider might introduce some delay or signal distorsion, but I figure that those should be of little importance if the clock is run sufficiently slow. I tried to run it as slow as 125 KHz (16MHz divided by 128), but all I'm getting is always a 0 as an answer to the PROD_ID query and rubbish when reading any other register.

At this point (unless anybody has any idea of what could be my mistake) I'm beginning to suspect that my ADIS is faulty and I would like to know if there is any simple method to verify for sure if it is actually working.

Thank you for any help you might provide !

Mau

Outcomes