Hello Analog Tech. Support Team,
Regarding the AD9880 DVI de-serializer, register 0x2F , field HDMI Quality (Bits[2:0]):
1. What is the algorithm that defines the value of this field ?
Datasheets provides only vague information that the field is dependent on DE quality, but no further details other than that.
2. What is a field practical value, when connecting a streamer/PC/etc... to the device, with a proper cable of standard length ?
3. Is there a field value above which one may assume data (R,G,B,syncs) is error free ?
4. Is there a field value below which one should assume data containts errors ?
5. What should happen in the practical sense (EMC inteferrence ?, cable too long ?, Bad layout ? etc...) for the field to have a low value ?