AnsweredAssumed Answered

How configure U-Boot to access USB with ISP1362?

Question asked by skstrobel on Oct 4, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 7, 2012 by lliubbo

I am working with a custom BF537 board similar to the BF537-Stamp.  It uses an ISP1362 USB controller.  Once booted into Linux, I can read files from a USB flash drive.  I would like to be able to do the same from U-Boot (so I can load firmware from it when there is no Linux image).  But I have not yet been able to figure out how to configure U-Boot (2012R1-RC4) to support the ISP1362.

It seems that I will need #define CONFIG_USB and #define CONFIG_USB_STORAGE plus something to prevent getting "#error USB Lowlevel not defined".  Is #define CONFIG_USB_BLACKFIN appropriate, or is that for Blackfin chips with USB built in (like the BF527)?  When I try it, I get compilation errors saying that USB_FADDR and USB_DMA_INTERRUPT are undeclared.

It seems more likely that I should be using "#define CONFIG_ISP1362_USB" and defining the other settings that go with it (CFG_ISP1362_BASE, CFG_ISP1362_OR_AM...) like the NSCU board does.  But when I search the U-Boot source, none of those definitions get used for anything and I still get "#error USB Lowlevel not defined" when compiling.

Does U-Boot support the ISP1362?  If so, what configuration options do I need to use to enable it?  Do I need some other source code?  Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve

Outcomes