AnsweredAssumed Answered

Errors of Booting Linaro on ZedBoard

Question asked by nightseas on Sep 16, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 20, 2012 by jsgray

Recently I was trying to run a Linaro on my zed board, following the steps of “LINUX WITH HDMI VIDEO OUTPUT ON THE ZED AND ZC702 BOARDS”. After all things had been done, the Linaro started with errors and the HMDI video stopped at a sense of twinkle cursor.

These are my operating steps and the boot information. I wonder if there was anything wrong in my operations.

1. Git u-boot from Xilinx, configure it with zynq_zed_config and create boot.elf. Use cf_adv7511_zed reference design to build BOOT.bin.
  2. Download the Linux kernel; switch it to xcomm_zynq branch and configure it with zync_xcomm_adv7511_defconfig. Build zImage and zynq-zed-adv7511.dtb.
  3. Download rootfs file and extract it to SD card.

The main errors :

init: Failed to create pty - disabling logging for job

init: Temporary process spawn error: No such file or directory

Failed to create pty - disabling logging for jobr job

modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/3.3.0-01876-gff09395/modules.dep: No such file or directory

mmcblk0: error -110 transferring data, sector 318400, nr 24, cmd response 0x900, card status 0xc00

end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 318401

Buffer I/O error on device mmcblk0p2, logical block 26744

EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p2): ext4_journal_start_sb:327: Detected aborted journal

mmcblk0: error -110 transferring data, sector 104448, nr 8, cmd response 0x900, card status 0xc00

The attached file is the complete information of booting. It seems that there is something wrong with the ext4 fs and I/O buffer.

Attachments

Outcomes