AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADF4350  PLEASE HELP ME!!

Question asked by GirlGoneAwry on Sep 12, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 14, 2012 by burnbush

Hi,

Im a second year college student in need of some serious guidance. My teacher has ask me to redesign a 2meter Ham Radio receiver, included in the redesign is a PLL Synthesizer. He informed us we would be using an ADF4350 chip, Propeller Microprocessor, along with some other parts that are of no significance to this post.  This 2 meter radio will be covering the 144-180MHz range in 5kHz steps using a reference crystal of 10MHz. I've been scouring the net for weeks now just trying to get some information of where to begin on programming this chip.

The problem is I'm a complete noob on programming for one, and secondly I have read and re-read the ADF4350 datasheet a million times and cant for the life of me figure out what the bit pattern is.  Also, any other documents such as source code that can help me get a direction of this project would be fantastic and greatly appreciated.

If anyone has any other chip recommendations (that I can suggest to my teacher) for this project I'm open to those as well.

Thank you to any and all that help me with this.

Kendall

Outcomes