AnsweredAssumed Answered

Difference in values read through IIO and SPIDEV for AD7476

Question asked by shekharlav on Aug 20, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 20, 2012 by mhennerich

Hi,

I am using a ADSP BF527 based board. I use 2011R1 Head distro, and 2011R1-RC4 toolchain.

I plan to read data from AD7476.

Now its possible to read the data from AD7476 through SPIDEV, and also through the IIO Framework.

I used the AD7476 STAMP board.

Once I had made the hardware connections between AD7476 STAMP board to my platform, I tried to read data through both of the above mentioned options.

The Input Voltage was connected to ground.

The SPI Clock rate was 1MHz

The Chip Select has a rate of 100 Hz.

For Both SPIDEV and IIO cases the read data was written to a file in the form "S.No, Data Value", where S.No is the serial number of the captured data

Please find attached the files J13_SPI_MISO_AD7476_DATA_SPIDEV.csv, and J13_SPI_MISO_AD7476_DATA_IIO.csv containing the captured data through SPIDEV and IIO respectively.

As can be seen from these files, there is a huge difference (around 3000 levels), between the two sets of data.

Note : For IIO Case the following configurations were done once the kernel had booted up :

echo spi0.49 > /sys/bus/spi/drivers/ad7476/unbind

echo spi0.49 > /sys/bus/spi/drivers/ad7476/bind

echo 100 > /sys/bus/iio/devices/trigger0/frequency

echo bfintmr3 > /sys/bus/iio/devices/device0/trigger/current_trigger

echo 5000 > /sys/bus/iio/devices/device0/device0:buffer0/length

echo 0 > /sys/bus/iio/devices/device0/device0:buffer0/scan_elements/timestamp_en

echo 1 > /sys/bus/iio/devices/device0/device0:buffer0/scan_elements/in0_en

echo 1 > /sys/bus/iio/devices/device0/device0:buffer0/enable

Note: The hardware connection was not touched after the initial setup (done before both the experiments), and for both SPIDEV and IIO experiments, the hardware setup was identical.

Also find attached the files, main_spidev.c and main_iio.c which contain the code used in these experiments.

Regards,

Shekhar

Outcomes