I want to use the ADXRS620 with an ADC with an Full Scale output voltage of 2.5v.
As far as I can see, there are two ways I can do this.
- Put a voltage divider on the RATE_OUT to divide the FS down to 2.5 before connecting to the ADC.
- Drive Vratio from a 2.5v reference source and connect RATE_OUT directly to the ADC input.
As I already have a 2.5v reference in my application, option 2 seems the better choice as it save 2 resistors. However, the datasheet doesn't give me enough information to be sure this is the best choice.
Can you answer the following questions for me please?
- Will the ADXRS620 operate correctly if Vratio is 2.5V?
- How is the accuracy of the part changed if I use a 2.5v Vratio?
- How much current does the Vratio pin draw at 2.5v?
- Is this a steady state current or could connecting the Vratio pin to my clean 2.5v reference cause noise issues for other ADC channels which share this reference?