AnsweredAssumed Answered

Narrow bandpass filter help

Question asked by Engineeringrulz on Jul 21, 2012
Latest reply on Jul 24, 2012 by vili

Hi, I'm new to this site so sorry if this is not in the right place. I need to design a narrow band 10MHz bandpass filter for an RF application. The -3db bandwidth should be about 10khz or narrower. Do you think it is possible to design and build one that is passive, maybe of seventh order, like a chebychev, I have been trying to design one using a tonne software program called Elsie. Most of you probably wouldn't have heard of it. The problem is that it only goes up to seventh order and I think I need more than a seventh order passive filter to do this, could someone please inform me wether they think it's possible to do this using a seventh order passive filter. With inductors over course that are of reasonable Q values, not with Q's of infinity, etc. if not could some please suggest a good program for designing filters that goes to more than 7th order. Also I would like to do this passively. A this is what I have been trying to do for a while but would it be better it I tried to make an active solution?? I would prefer a passive one however. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Outcomes