AnsweredAssumed Answered

Code to Flash - BF512F - Booting from internal flash

Question asked by Quintinvw on Jul 16, 2012
Latest reply on Jul 24, 2012 by Quintinvw

Hi,

I have a custom board but can not get my code to run from the internal flash. I did a simple led_blink application to test with. I have followed the following steps http://ez.analog.com/message/27456. I am not using SDRAM yet, but have anyways made my own custom proc.xml file with the correct reset values for the SDRAM and I did set the power up on start bit (I think that is what it's called).

I have also generated a init project from a BF518F EZ-board project for my custom board. It comiles and I dont have any issues with it. I flashed the code with the flash programmer succesfully and get the "programmed" message form the flash programmer. I have confirmed the code is loaded by using the confirm code command.

I have checked that my "boot-mode" selection swith is in the correct position -2 (Booting from internal flash). I have also confirmed it by checking the SYSCR register which had the value two 0x8002, basically the BM bits where 010 which is correct.

Is there a step that I'm missing? Can soeone please help with this. I've read all the available documentation and looked at all the other discussions on the forum and can't seem to get it working. Please let me know if you require any more info. I'll even attach code.

Kind regards,

Quintin.

Outcomes