AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9706 Output buffer question

Question asked by Andrenaline on Jul 16, 2012
Latest reply on Jul 17, 2012 by larrywelchusa

Hello everyone,


I'm currently working on a low power chirp generator.

Someone before me working on this, used the AD9752 (12-Bit).


I would like to replace the DAC for an AD9706 (12-bit), on the output I'd like to use an

differential to single ended buffer. The buffer has an symetrical supply.

The question I have is on this output interface. (see attached file for example)


On the AD9752 the output current is 20mA, so the voltage over R1 and R2 is


20mA x 25 Ohms is 0.5V


On the new situation the AD9706 gives 2mA output. So with the same R1 and R2 the

output voltage is ten times smaller.

How can I compensate for this voltage loss, in such a way that I preserve the signal specifications

of the AD9706?


Can I raise R1 and R2 to 240 Ohms without consequences?


Or is there another way?, and no I cannot use any transformer