AnsweredAssumed Answered

Numbering alias connections

Question asked by chuckwin on Jun 4, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 5, 2012 by BrettG

Hello,

Using the ADAU1446 and Sigma Studio 3.7, I am trying to configure what amounts to a mixer bus... where each input can be assigned to a particular output. For my purposes, I am using a 4-position stereo multiplexer at each oputut and connecting each input to all 4 muxes. Doing so creates a jumble of connections that are rather difficult to make heads or tails of. So I decided to use the Alias method. It works fine, and is nice and orderly and easy to read except...

...I have no control over the numbering of the alias instances. I can name each alias differently, but I cannot renumber them. Furthermore, the first few are in sequence (1,2,3,4,5,... ) then as I add new ones they jump around (8, 10, 12, 16, 17, 23...). So even though the next number in sequence should be, say, a six.... I cannot get six to appear. Even if I eliminate all other higher-numbered aliases.

To be clear, the nunber I am referring to is the one in the alias label with the dashes around it -1-, -2-, etc.... not the text underneath which is easy to change.

So my question is: how can I force the numbering of each instance to be what I want it to be?

Failing that,can you recommend an alternate method of channel assignment architectutre?

thanks,

chuck winegar

Outcomes