AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error code: 0x80048047 when connecting to BF537 via USB-ICE

Question asked by MattZ on May 9, 2012
Latest reply on May 11, 2012 by MattZ

Hi All,

I've been working with a custom board that uses a BF537 and an FPGA. They only communicate via the PPI bus a few registers in the FPGA mapped as memory. I've been using this board and the general code base for a few years. Today I loaded some new firmware onto the FPGA. We do this by using the BF537 to program an sflash which is loaded by the FPGA a power up. The new code somehow bricked the board. So I connected an USB-ICE to the BF537 JTAG port (note I have all the extra analog devices pins implemented, not just the base jtag pins).

My plan was to connect via ICE and then reload the DSP program over jtag so I could reprogram the FPGA. However, when I try to connect I get the following error:

"An error has occurred while trying to connect to the target. Please verify the target components have been properly installed and, if trying to connect to physical hardware, that the apporpriate target connections have been made.

Error code: 0x8004847

Error description: Failed to initialize emulator

...." and so on.

This is strange. If I try testing the ICE using the Configurator -> ICE Test option, all tests pass fine. If I try another board without the new FPGA program installed. Everything works fine.

I'm trying to debug what happened, and I'm wondering does any know what states would allow the ICE Tests to pass but the connection fail? I'm hoping if I can understand this error better, I could debug whatever happened to the fpga.

Thanks in advance

-Matt

Outcomes